I don't want Win10

:) HI, You do seem to know the most info. about software and hardware on this site, cause I have tried other sites. I have Windows 7, HP Pavillion,about a gig.My problem is WINDOWS.a computer engineer I knew,said pcs are getting worse,badly made,ect, the software that is.HP Pavillion I have, cannot even do a search of it's own files.my friends say,Windows 10 slows down your computer greatly,and sends your comp. info. to the servers,without telling you!!:(

I do not want windows 10, I won't get it!! OK?How do I avoid getting it?Also, I am sick of the whole Windows' inept system,I want to go to a better one,even if I have to study manuals to learn it.(I am a senior,not a techie,but I'm smart.) I am serious about dumping windows completely,before it's so bad, your 'puter won't function. Otherwise, I'll have to consider going to Apple, like many ex-pc-users I know.

( Also, I go on Oekaki art sites, and they only take Java, , which will become unsupported by Oracle, soon, :mad: How will we use the applets,with no support of Java? we need a workable Java, or a good replacement for java,that operates the art applets.:D Some artists say,Java's becoming extinct!!)

These are my concerns.I seem to see the pc software world, dissolving into garbage, especially Windows, and I refuse to be a part of it.--whatever I have to do, or what computer systems I have to go to.--and which I have to dump.:) If the whole world of pc software, via Bill Gates, just gets WORSE, as my engineer friend predicted, I want to avoid if for as long as I can., thanks for answering my questions, be frank, it's the best way.--- dorothyblu

If you do not want win 10. Do not reserve it threw the Icon. If you don't it will not download to your system. Any computer will slow down if the window maintenance or windows is not kept up.

To maintain the performance of your Windows computer it is best not to install any software or apps and forget surfing the web. That will also avoid installing security software which frequently slows things down. If you keep a log of startup times you should be pleased with its performance over the long term.

If you want to try a different operating system, and one that will run Java, you could try one of the hundreds of versions of Linux available for free or nearly free.
You might have a look at these pages for more information,
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question246.htm
...and for info about Java on Linux,
http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Java-on-Linux
(* I have used Microsoft Windows on my main PC, of every era from 3.1 to 8, and on my home made/backup PC built from old bits of computers I bought over the years, I run Linux Ubuntu 12, which is smooth and stable and gets me on the 'net at very little cost.)

It is your choice if you would click to agree with it. I didn't install it either so I don't have any problem with it. I'm okay with Windows 7, I don't have any problem with it. It works fine with everything and a vpn network can be connected to it for my safety.

Back