I downloaded Firefox 2 and all my bookmarks dissapeared??!!!??

By waterproof
Oct 27, 2006
  1. anyone can help me on that how to get it back? because it's gone, all my bookmarks are gone, alot of important sites i kept for study etc any hope getting it back?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Click start/search/all files and folders and type bookmarks. Click search.

You should see a list of all your bookmarks, the firefox bookmarks will have a little firefox logo on them.

Locate the latest file with a date next to it. Right click on the file and select copy, paste the file to wherever you want. Close the search window.

Open Firefox and click on bookmarks/organize bookmarks. Click file/import and check the from file button and click next. Browse to where you pasted the bookmarks file and click open. You should now have your bookmarks back.

Regards Howard :)
  3. Bapudi

Bapudi TS Rookie

Doesn't work

I have the same problem, with my bookmarks disappearing.

Howard, you are assuming that somehow firefox has simply stopped using the correct bookmarks file. I tried your suggestion, and found that all the bookmarks files on the drive were either a) the one currently in use, which is empty or b) old backups that I did of the bookmarks file. The problem isn't that firefox forgot where the bookmarks file is; it seems to have actually *deleted* the bookmark data out of the bookmark file.
  4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

try a system restore point if you have one
    check your
  5. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Btw, this thread is over a year old ;)

Unfortunately, Bapudi, howard has left these forums so can not help you.

If Samstoned's post doesn't help you then start a new thread in our Misc. Software & Utilities forum
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.