I have a bot and was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritton

I have a bot on my computer. now it keeps tring to connect to it's remote comtuper. now my firwall stops in doing so it tells the me IP of where it's tring to get to. can that IP help anyone track down the person behide the bot etc. at the moment I'm getting the plesure of pressing DENY every time it trys to connect.

by the way don't need help in removing of evenything

read the post i do say

I have the IP of the remote computer so I was wondering it there's someone to report to who can the tract down the person behide it

I have the IP of the remote computer so I was wondering it there's someone to report to who can the tract down the person behide it

Here's my opinion, yes the IP address, can be used to track people down. Any communication over the internet is tracked by IP addresses. IMHO, if anybody cared, Spam would not exist because emails can also be tracked by IP by the ISP. Sometimes I wonder if it's actually the virus/malware or any other security software programmer that starts it all so they create more business for themself.
That's why I asked. Your main concern is to get rid of the bot, (before it becomes worse) because personally, you can't do anything, your ISP can, but I can safely assume that they won't

I know that you can track ppl with IP thats why i ask. As there are ppl out hunting down crimals I was wondering who to send it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back