I have a piece of **** integrated video card in my laptop...HELP?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio PCG-K47 laptop. Like an *****, i wasn't paying attention to the graphics card. It is only has 64 MB of video memory. Needless to say it sucks ***. I'm looking to either upgrade the hardware, or find a software solution somehow to "share" my system memory. I have 1 GB of RAM, so thats not an issue. The only hardware option I might have is either USB or a PCMCIA Cardbus Slot type II/I. My graphics card is integrated on my motherboard, so I am all out of ideas. Please help?

nayr65 said:
I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio PCG-K47 laptop. Like an *****, i wasn't paying attention to the graphics card. It is only has 64 MB of video memory. Needless to say it sucks ***. I'm looking to either upgrade the hardware, or find a software solution somehow to "share" my system memory. I have 1 GB of RAM, so thats not an issue. The only hardware option I might have is either USB or a PCMCIA Cardbus Slot type II/I. My graphics card is integrated on my motherboard, so I am all out of ideas. Please help?

Since it's integrated you can't turn it off so your most likely to be stuck with it. Unless you whant to spend alot of money and change the mothderboard to pci. :wave: :wave:

Good luck,

Sebastian :wave: :wave: :darth:

Unless you whant to spend alot of money and change the mothderboard to pci.
not quite sure of this comment's meaning...

not only are the sony vaio computers (in my opinion at least) among the worst machines ever crafted by man, but yours happens to be a laptop. you are stuck with whatever video card you have now and it cannot be upgraded or replaced. perhaps you can return it, as you said it was recently purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back