I have a question about my restore discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

adu123

I'm running XP home edition (SP2), I've used the "Rcovery CD/DVD creator" software to creat a set of recovery discs while my computer was being infected by spyware, adware....
I just curious about what happened to those recovery discs? Were they also being infected?

Yes, it copies the data from the computer 'as-is'. Reinstall a fresh copy of XP using the install disc.

"as-is"? I though it copies the data from the computer's D drive because that's where the recovery files are store in. By the way, how can I get the intall disc?

Sorry? U have the restore files already? I thought you meant you were making ones from your computer as it is at the moment?

If they were there before then theoretically they should be ok. I have not used the software, so can only advise generally, not specifically to this software.

I've told you in my first post that I already created a set of recovery disc, but the problem is all of them are infected because I created them while my computer was being infected. I don't know how to obtain another set of restore discs.

first, get the system cleaned

then STOP the restore points and then re-enable it to toss out the bad data.

now recreate the recovery disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back