I Have an older motherboardThat I want to install XP

nickc

Windows XP on but I do not have any of the drivers for it. It is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P and when I got the board it did not have a driver disk with it. It works fine running Windows7. But with XP I will need all the drivers including the sata drivers to put on a floppy for XP or it will not install. Is there anyone out there that can give me links for the drivers for this motherboard?

. But with XP I will need all the drivers including the sata drivers to put on a floppy for XP or it will not install. Is there anyone out there that can give me links for the drivers for this motherboard?
No, actually you don't. The SATA driver is the only one that needs to be put on floppy.

And guess what, I'd boot into BIOS, ("Delete" in GB BIOS), and set the HDDs to run as IDE, then you don't need the SATA driver.

The rest of the drivers will install from a HDD or CD,.

You install XP first, then the chipset ID driver, Network driver, and then sound.

Once Windows is installed, copy the drivers to the desktop, unzip if needed, then double click to install. Simple as that.

Back