I have no clue what is going on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutalhoe

well my problem is after the restart AVG Update manager turns off and every time i try to change the update manager settings they wont apply and i have to redl updates every time i restart. But that's not the only problem windows FW goes all crazy i cant turn it on, Automatic Updates set on off even when i go to options its set on recommended but still displays as off and i cant turn it on either. And for final punch system restore took a dump, i get a dll error msg when i try to turn it on cuz for some reason its off.
Also when i try to run WUpdate it tells me i don't have right privileges to do such task.
I dunno but i think it all started after i tried to install Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157) and Microsoft Silverlight 1.0 (KB951213) updates.
Also in my update history the w search update marked failed twice but im not sure if that caused it.
I took some screen shots so u can see whats going. For me sounds like a virus but i scanned with AVG Pro - nothing found, scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware - nothing found, scanned with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - found nothing.
Gonna run housecall over nigh see what will happens.
Let me know if u got any ideas whats going on...PLEASE
Regards Dennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back