I have tpm 2.0 enabled and I enabled secure boot but still not allowed to install win11

Larsenex

Greetings,

So I went in and turned on TPM and the tool acknowledged I have it.

I turned on secure boot which in my bios indicates its enabled. However, the win11 tool says this is not the case.

What further steps do I need to do to have this tool 'see' that I have secure boot working?

Motherboard ASROCK z370, cpu 8700K

This is new to a lot of us (including me) but I bet it has something to do with creating keys. Poke around in BIOS some more and see if you can see that feature. Create keys--install keys....

I could be wrong!

This is new to a lot of us (including me) but I bet it has something to do with creating keys. Poke around in BIOS some more and see if you can see that feature. Create keys--install keys....

I could be wrong!
I have the same issue, with asrock x570 taichi. Spoke with Asrock and explained and was told to contact Microsoft. I have the correct bios mode uefi and fptm enable secure boot enable.

nothing in bios about creating keys
I just Googled it and I found this from Microsoft:

I hope it helps.

As far as I am concerned ...all this flurry of interest in TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot is a mad rush to be compliant to install Windows 11 and I don't think it is fully baked yet for general consumption. Support for Windows 10 is going to be a at least a few years longer. You could take the 'wait and see' approach and information will be more available in time including better articles on how to install Windows 11

Back