I Just Formatted And I Have No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I recently just formatted my computer b/c of a virus issue. When I turned my computer back on i had realized that i had no sound. I'm not exactly sure what drivers i need or anything else about sound drivers, so if you guys can help me out that would be great!

yeah those are the ones that i tried before i posted this thread, for some reason they didnt work and i had to exit the installation

hello and welcome to Techspot.

It might help if you told us what system you had.

For instance, is your computer custom built, or an oem build such as Dell/Compq etc.

If it`s the latter, give us the model number.

If it`s the former, download the free Everest programme and try and find out what mobo(motherboard) you have. Then, let us know the model.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

well those high definition ones dont work at all either, the installation just exits and says that i have to have certain other drivers before i can download those. I have an HP computer, not custom built.

MODEL #-PJ466AA-ABA M1170N

Howard's absolutely correct. Without knowing what type of computer you have, motherboard with onboard sound or separate sound card, it's impossible to determine what drivers you need to restore your sound. How about at least a system model number/manufacturer. Then we can guide you from there.

That's not a model number. Sounds more like the service tag.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, you`re quite right, Windows Updates may well have the sound drivers and possibly others.

However, after a format and reinstall all the system drivers are missing, so it makes sense to download and install the correct drivers for chipset/sound/video if applicable etc, from the manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Computer just re-formatted and no sound device deteced

My computer had a virus and was totally re formatted and now I have no sound. I have speakers and have tried everything I know to do. The system says I do not have a sound card. I jsut printed off system specs. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back