TechSpot

I know this is a silly question but....

By frizzer1
Jun 10, 2006
  1. I have WindowsXP and use IE6.
    HP media centre pc AMD processor

This is minor but bugs me....when you use your mouse to select a link on a web page there is that little click click sound made by windows or IE. I'm not sure which produces the sound.I'm not talking about the metallic click the mouse itself makes.
    Well, it has disappeared.When I select something now with my mouse there is no sound at all....although the links work properly.
    This is nothing to do with my sound card because when I am at my desktop and select something,say internet explorer,I do get that click click sound.
    I know this is nothing important but it's driving me crazy.
    Thanks in advance for any advice I get.

2. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,348

or you could jsut use firefox whitch is much more sacure then ie anyways and doesnt have that little clicking noise

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

4. frizzer1

frizzer1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for both replies but it's not a silent browser that I'm looking for.I prefer to hear the clicks.
    My question is why it has suddenly stopped and how to reconfigure windows or IE,whichever is responsible,in order to get the sound effect again.

5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Did you move any audio settings in the control panel?

6. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Sounds and Audio control panel seems to be the place to go HERE

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.