TechSpot

I need a computer for rendering in Artlantis and Maxwell (Not modeling only rendering)

By Manuel Granja
Apr 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi I have a budget of $2000 I need a computer for rendering. Does the video card matter for the rendering process or only for the modeling and custizing?
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,947   +900

I would look at this build. You can take out the sound card and peripherals and use the saved money to buy an i7 4770K rather than the i5. I would also upgrade the GPU to a GTX 780. The CPU and GPU are vital hardware when it comes to rendering and modelling. That rig I mentioned above should do fine.
  3. Manuel Granja

Manuel Granja TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry I forgot, I dont need , keyboard, screen , mouse, etc. Only the CPU. thanks!
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,947   +900

Oh ok. So I would recommend an i7 4770K for rendering purposes. It will set you back around $300 USD. You will also need a Z87 motherboard. That will cost about $100-$300 depending on what you choose. I recommend ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards. As for your question about requiring a GPU in the main post, I recommend getting a GPU since the applications you are using rely heavily on OpenGL and rendering. A GPU like a GTX 780 or AMD R9 290 will be great.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.