I need a computer for rendering in Artlantis and Maxwell (Not modeling only rendering)

Hi I have a budget of $2000 I need a computer for rendering. Does the video card matter for the rendering process or only for the modeling and custizing?

I would look at this build. You can take out the sound card and peripherals and use the saved money to buy an i7 4770K rather than the i5. I would also upgrade the GPU to a GTX 780. The CPU and GPU are vital hardware when it comes to rendering and modelling. That rig I mentioned above should do fine.

Sorry I forgot, I dont need , keyboard, screen , mouse, etc. Only the CPU. thanks!
Oh ok. So I would recommend an i7 4770K for rendering purposes. It will set you back around $300 USD. You will also need a Z87 motherboard. That will cost about $100-$300 depending on what you choose. I recommend ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards. As for your question about requiring a GPU in the main post, I recommend getting a GPU since the applications you are using rely heavily on OpenGL and rendering. A GPU like a GTX 780 or AMD R9 290 will be great.

Back