I need a free antivirus that works

By A_DOG73
Jan 17, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a laptop that came with Norton. Well, the norton subscription expired and I don't like norton anyways. I always have to disable norton to use the internet when connected to my LAN. I uninstalled norton completely from this laptop. I want to know what is the best free antivirus I can install on it. I'm using bitdefender free edition on my other pc's but I saw in some posts that someone always mentions a different one. I think it's like avg or something. Thanks
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

AVG free from HERE really is an excellent antivirus programme.

You will also need a firewall as well. Zonealarm free from HERE is also very good.

Regards Howard :)
  3. A_DOG73

A_DOG73 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 213

Thanks

I downloaded the free version of AVG and everything seems to be running smooth. Thanks for the reply!
  4. andrwleong

andrwleong Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

Thanks for those links to. Good fast help on these boards, keep up the good work lads
  5. Rhianntp

Rhianntp Newcomer, in training

Zone Alarm free is an awesome program... I like Kaspersky Antivirus... its not free but not too expensive either.
  6. computer help

computer help Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.