I need help choosing a GPU for 3d rendering with Ryzen 9 3950x

AlaaLU

I'm currently building a pc for my 3d render work, and I noticed from my task manager that my pc uses almost 0% GPU compared to 100% CPU while rendering.
So I'm going to buy the Ryzen 9 3950x 16cores 32 threads
and I need a GPU that is not too powerful since I don't need it that much and I don't want to pay a lot for something that will be useless to me, but I'm afraid of bottlenecking.

Can someone recommend a not too powerful GPU that will pair well with this processor without causing performance issues?

I only know about V-Ray for Blender, but I think it's safe to assume the requirements are the same for the others. First of all, you need an Nvidia GPU and one from the past 6 years, that supports CUDA Compute 5.2 or better. More recent models are far more capable, so aim for the newest you can get.

There isn't really a 'not too powerful GPU' when it comes to V-Ray, because it will use the processor to its fullest capability. So it's down to money and how much you can afford to spend.

Unfortunately, new GPUs are in very short supply, and they're all massively over-priced (as are second hand ones). If you can cope without using GPU-only or hybrid rendering in V-Ray for a year or so, then I'd suggest not worrying about what to get until the market is sensible again, and just use anything you can purely for the display output (I.e. don't use it for the rendering).

Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
I will go for a recent Nvidia that is in my budget.
Thank you.

Back