I need help with a program deleted

Im dealing with my moms computer because she deleted the WORD program somehow. I didnt find it in recycle bin, and I even did a restore to an earlier date, and still couldn't recover it. I thought I could just download another version of it and thats where the problems started. She is running windows 7, and was running WORD 2016.
I wanted to just buy her the updated versions of both programs and started reading about how it can actully be free blah. blah, blah. She is adamant that she doesnt want her documents stored in a cloud, and I just dont know what else or where else to go or do

Word is part of the Microsoft Office suite so check if there are the other accompanying programs on the PC like Outlook , Excel, Powerpoint etc. It they are there you may be able to reinstall and validate the Microsoft Office 2016 suite. I've doubts that will be the case so download one of the freeware alternative Office suites. Libra Office is well known and highly regarded. It will enable use of all Word files and be an easy transition from Microsoft Office. There's plenty of others if you want to give them a try.

Back