I need help with something

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchVile

sorry to be so vague about my title, but i couldnt think of anything else. i need a program that can monitor my cpu temperature and my case temperature. now i know most of you are gonna say use motherboard monitor 5 but since my computer is fairly new, it doesnt have the dfi lanparty sli-dr as a motherboard option. so i cant accuraetely see my temperature, also, under ntune from nvidia, the temp its giving cant be right cause its only like 38 degrees celcius, and the system temperature is higher, its usually 45 degrees celcius. unless motherboard monitor has some kinda update, i doubt ill be able to use that. are there any other programs that can do this?

When I saw the domain, I thought about "lava lamp", but that's just a nice memory visualization dock app for linux; speaking of which, should you (ArchVile) ever venture in that (linux) direction, get gkrellm and you're all set ;]

I have the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D and my CPU temp is usually 26-38C depending on load and ambient temp and my system temp is usually 36-50C depending on the same things.

I think this these temps that NVMonitor is giving you are correct because for the Lanparty boards, the northbridge fan is placed right beside the 2xPCIe slots and if you have a (non-onboard) GPU installed, the GPU sits right over the fan and will warm up the air before it is used to cool the northbridge. The temperature probe is right under this fan I believe, and that is why the system temp is high.

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, look at this picture.
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Product_Picture/LP nF4 SLI-DR.jpg
Any new graphics card will be large enough to extend past the fan that says "DFI" in the centre. My 6800GT extends all the way across to the other side of the fan.

So i wouldn't worry about the 45C of your system temperature being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back