TechSpot

I need PC Guru’s advice

By davoruff
Aug 8, 2007
  1. untitled.JPG
    Recently I have posted my problem under Thread: “Mouse problem-strange behavior” and now I have new moments which I have discovered. I deleted whole my partition and formatted disk with Power Quest Partition Magic v.8 and when I finished creation of partition and at exit of program I got massage: “The disk 2 on sector 1 is unsafe until reboot.” I tried to format my disk with different File systems but the same problem appeared. After Windows installation I performed disk check with command CHKDSK and I got massage which is in attachment (jpeg format). I have noticed that I can’t perform File System Check with command sfc /scannow to return protected system’s files to default state also my security is seriously damaged. I do not have administrator’s privilege, only administrators group.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Try another hard drive. Your current drive may be bad. Use the drive manufacturers installation utility to prepare the drive for use, not Partition Magic

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.