I need some help with Dual channel memory in an AV8 mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows everyone doing?
this is my fifth forum ID i have created trying to find answers to this problem i am having with my new ram. I just can't find anyone with the same problem or adequate knowledge to help me. Anyways this is whats going on, if anyone could help me please do.
I have an Abit av8 with VIA k8t800 pro + vt8237 chipset.
the bios version is 11/08/2005 k8t800p-8237-6a7L1a19c-26.
I had a stick of corsair 512 mb xms pc3200 memory in DIMM1, for some time until I wanted to upgrade.
I bought Corsair twinx pc3200 DDR 400 memory 2gig
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair...x2048-3200.pdf
the latency for this pair is 3, 3,3,8.
this memory is also double-sided.

this is what happened. I took out the old 512mb ram and put the two new modules in Dimm1 and dimm2, just like the manual says to do. so now out of the four dimms dimm1 and 2 are the only ones occupied. So i turn the power back on and reboot. Everything is fine and dandy for 1 day. then BAM out of now where while playing a memory intensive game my system crashes, reboots but nothing comes up on screen. So i then open up the case and find that the computer is posting c3.... I look up this code in the manual and it says " expand compressed memory bios code dram" I have no idea what this means but i decided to take the module from dimm2 out just to see what happens... i shut the power off and take it out. reboot and i get back to windows....
Now listen to this... lets call the two sticks of ram i have ram1 and ram2, ram1 and ram2 in dimm1 and 2 equals no boot black screen post code c3. ram1 in dimm1 equals boot to windows.... HOWEVER, ram2 in dimm1 no boot black screen post code "C0". this then leads me to believe I have a bad peice of ram.... However i don't understand why it is bad when it worked for one day. Anyways..
Lets say it is not bad ram. what BIOS configurations could i do to make the ram work together like it is suppose to?
Also does the latency of this ram have a combatibility issue with this mobo and chipset? I know there are alot of latencies out there but do not know how they relate with my system.

Might have some bad memory I would next run a test on both sticks to see what it comes up with. You can download a memory tester here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back