I need some questions answered about my Powercolor radeon 9800se

By ArchVile
Dec 6, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought the r98-sc3 card. now ive read some people that bought this card flashed the bios and got it to 9800pro mode.

the omega drivers softmod did not work for me. i got artifacts. is there any way that i can get my 9800se to a 9800pro without getting artifacts. im going to buy a vga cooler even if i cant softmod it, but i just wanna know if i can without getting artifacts
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,760

Flashing the BIOS wont help. If the soft modded driver didnt work, you got artifacts, that means 4 of the rendering pipelines are damaged or just wont work. Since that card has 256bit memory you will still get very good performance. There isnt a huge difference with the extra 4 pipes enabled. The first one I got didnt take the mod but luckily it went bad a few weeks later and the replacement card did mod. Deffinately get the VGA cooler. That card runs extremely hot.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.