Only XP Firewall active in Security Center
And the attached,
VCom-Fix-it $ 40.00
:grinthumb

Attachments

• Fix-It.jpg
    Fix-It.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 12
Not unusual if you practice safe browsing and downloading habits.

However when you do get infected, if you aren't already and just don't know it, then you have no outbound protection and the attacker can simply upload information from your system without you even having a clue. You should use 3rd party firewall or something for outbound protection - if for nothing else at least to know exactly what is "dialing out".

I love people that brag about not having protection. I don't think you are aware of what is out there.

Here is an article for you http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7496735.stm <- It's not exactly like an Iframe attack but same principle, you think you are looking at a legit site - one you may have even been to before - but they have been hacked and the iframe tag added

all sites have their document root directory set as /home/sites/site[number]/web. The loop creates an array which is then passed to another function called iframe_account(). It then opens the files and searches for the “</body>” tag which is replaced with the malicious iframe and properly closed. Then poof you go to the legit site and it's not legit anymore. This happened to some very popular well known, respectable sites - a few university websites - and I believe the medicaid/medicare something website within the last year.

It's a simple 4 or 5 lines of code

The point should be obvious

xxdanielxx said:
what's the point of this do you need special attention
Try my very simple way.Ask me questions.
Believe me and try what works.But the bad posts keep rolling in.
V-Com has a 30 day trial and does more then mentioned here.
What is considered a Virus,How do you know it's there ?
How does it mess up useing your computer.
I may have some settings to stop them.Compare yours with mine.
I gather your not impressed :wave:
I don't need special attention,I find my own sollutions.

Attachments

• VCOM-VIRUS Scan.jpg
    VCOM-VIRUS Scan.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
Uploading my stuff

This is not the White House or Pentagon.Any one can have a ( copy ) of my pictures
or an mp3 or 2.
:approve:

No problem with that

Blind Dragon said:
Well, of course it depends what you use your computer on as well, a lot of people use online banking, ect.
I've been useing online banking for over 5 years.It's an https:// sight .
Pay my bills there and save money for a new computer.
Most of my use is Computer Forums and Microsoft sights.
;)

OOPS ! I got one

I got a virus yesterday,but no need to post for help.:D
Cleaned things up in about 10 minutes.
I have the Tools.
:)

Don't forget to clean out System Restore

Clear system restore points

• Clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point:
    • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
    • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
    • Select the More options tab
    • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
    This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Why do so many users not understand that one a virus gets into a system, what it does and what it may leave with can compromise the system. I don't like to hear of anyone bragging they have no or use no or minimum security and have no or minimum infections. They are just getting by by the skin of their teeth. Should they publish the fact and therefore possibly influence newer or less experienced users. I don't think so.

No only in reponse to members saying,

You need:
All Service Packs
All Security Updates
Personal Firewall (Not Windows firewall)
Updated AntiVirus (and recent scan performed)
2 x updated Spyware Potection programs (and recent scan performed)
Full user data Backed Up
System Restore points
HardDriive Imaging done
Safe Surf (Now they cannot browse!)

Then I usually reply with no ! :)

This is not the White House or Pentagon.Any one can have a ( copy ) of my pictures
or an mp3 or 2.
What is considered a Virus,How do you know it's there ?
Two things are obvious here:
1. You totally overlook the fact that your computer can be "used" as part of a DOS attack or as a zombie.
2. Not using an anti-virus program and making a statement like this clearly indicates you don't want to 'know about' or 'deal with' a possible Virus, Trojan or Worm infection.

It's really an old story when a user says"why would anyone want to get into my computer? I don't have anything worth 'stealing'." It shows lack of understanding and knowledge.

just a sidebar:

Yesterday I received an email with a virus payload. With the email filters I've setup,
it went straight to a _JUNK_ fold. Using good habits (ie not opening email from unknown correspondents),
the mail was destined to be trashed. The only way I knew of the trojan was AVG 8.0
scanned and deleted the payload and modified the subject line to include **VIRUS**.

Sure I'm glad AVG was on the job; there's tons of email and you/I can't filter them all.
Sometimes however, good habits will carry you a long way in avoiding problems.

2. Not using an anti-virus program and making a statement like this clearly indicates you don't want to 'know about' or 'deal with' a possible Virus, Trojan or Worm infection
Read my posts again.Thats my point.(statement)
I'm recommending VCom Fix-it Utilities.
Money well invested.

Well, I use all free programs and don't have problems with malware - so how well spent would the money actually be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back