1. Yes i know there has been many many issues like the title says
    i have attached the dxdiag that i just did right now

i have a 450 wat psu
    a p4 3.0 ht tech cpu
    a ati sapphire x800 gt
    80 gig wd600
    and a asrock 775 m/b
    win xp home legit

now what is happining is when i play a game at a completly random time could be 5 sec could be 5 hrs the computer would just shut its self off not go threw the shut down stages just power down i thought that i had a heating issue but when i took it up to work (i used to work at a computer shop) they said that my temps were normal cpu was like 125 f and my video was 88c
    i do not have a voltage tester to see if my psu is good or not but when it shuts down i have to remove power for a few seconds to get it to let me turn it back on.

i have looked and i have 0 minidumps soooo if yall want one im sorry i cant provide it
  2. hardwire

hardwire Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 18

any one please help
  3. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

sounds like a power supply problem to me, see here:

Tutorial: Suspect a Dead PSU? How to be sure

please don't post a new reply to your own thread after just over half an hour, wait at least 24 hours and if you don't get any replies in that time then by all means post a new reply for help
  4. hardwire

hardwire Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 18

it was the psu
  5. Robin997

Robin997 Newcomer, in training Posts: 139

Hey!
    i have a very similar unsolved problem to you, when i paly TW07 my pc does the same thing, i susspect the graphics card is overheating possibly.
  6. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

it's good to hear you found the problem :)

having no minidumps would mean that it is not a program causing the issue, and it definitely sounded to me like a power supply problem over a heat problem

Robin997, if you have a thread open about your problem then i will take a look and see if i can help :)
  7. GreenAcid

GreenAcid Newcomer, in training

hey i have same problem when i play on line games my computer crashes every time i download drivers it says its for an older version of win and it wont run right my minidumps are missing i see the folder but it seems empty why will my pc ru for days but shut down on a game is it the bios settings maby my card im using is a gforce fx 5200 every one uses this card why the problems
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.