I SAW Episode 2 Attack Of The Clones

By TS | Crazyace
May 13, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Wow, It is going to blow your mind. Yoda was amazing. I dont wanna give up any of the plot, but man... It is definatly action packed! It just might be the best since Empire Strikes Back! It is going to rival Spiderman for sure, which I thought would have been impossible since Spiderman was unbelieveable.
  2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

So, was the script you posted here real or not?
  3. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

No, I posted the script link ;)
    Dunno, I'm starting to feel like I'll still come back thursday night (hopefully) & start whinging about it. It's a shame Lucas just can't seem to direct "people". I honestly don't know why he directs films, he can't seem to get anyone to give a good performance.

All I can say is, Lord Of The Rings DVD in August, ahhh :)
  4. TS | Crazyace

TS | Crazyace TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 275

I read the script but dont remember it.

I definatly didn;t remember reading what I saw in the movie. It will blow your mind.
    The movie rocks man, real hard.
  5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Ah. I knew it was one of those TS | people (that don't post alot). Oh well! :p

I don't think I'll see it within the next few months. Maybe I'll rent it sometime...

Lucas killed my faith with Episode 1.
  6. TS | Thomas

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Dunno, can't say I was really a huge fan of the earlier ones (remember seeing them as a child on tv at christmas & the re-releases in the cinema) but seeing Episode 1 was horrid, the lines, the acting, arrgh. I coulda just turned up for the last 20 minutes or whatever it were & be ok about it.
    There's also this kinda nonsense from Lucas in interviews saying that he knew it wouldn't be liked because a 9 year old was the hero or whatever. Nonsense, not many liked it because it was a crap film, it had nothing to do with vader only being a kid. The only thing I liked about Episode 1 was Jar Jar who I don't see why there was this - oh, racist character stereotype uproar.

Dunno why Lucas directs them still though. I mean, ask most what their favorite is - Empire strikes back. Who directed it - not lucas, who wrote the script - not lucas, & so on.

I'm just glad there's the Matrix & LOTR out there.
  7. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

8. cabrone

cabrone TS Rookie Posts: 153

im going to go see it on thursday, i will tell you what i think. Im expecting it to be good, but i think i will be disappointed. It seems he is reaching farther and farther for ideas for each episode. But i am not a huge fan, i enjoy movies for what they are, and if its good its good. Anyways ill let you know my opinion
  9. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

the E! special was a let down, same "trailers" seen before, but the behind the scenes action & interviews were good. I think the movie will be great. Episode 1 was basically a set up for this movie.
  10. TS | Thomas

Saw it earlier on today, better than I'd expected, some stuff "missing" from the script though. The love thing was pretty wierd though, dunno what she saw in him, he acted a bit of a wierdo around her, surely the "I killed them all like animals" woulda put her off. Then she only says she loves him when they are about to be killed, hmmmm.

The yoda/dooku fight (& anakin+obi/dooku) fights were way too short though. In the script there's actually a bit more to the yoda fight (yoda is about to kill him as it happens, but dooku then knocks the pillar over, as per film). Seems like there was a lot of talk about that scene but came off way too short as a result I guess (Compared to the fights with sabers in all the other films).

Lucas seriously better get someone else to do the script the next time though, even direct too possibly, the acting was pretty uneven from most of the actors & they had some pretty nasty lines to go through.

I was surprised at how politicial it got though.
  11. Spyke

Spyke TS Rookie Posts: 47

Saw the film Thursday, loved it!

I think this one answers a lot of the questions that were raised in the original trilogy: Boba Fetts origin, the Clone Wars, How senator Palpatine undermines the Old Republic, Yodas "greatness", Obi-Wans deeds as an "active" Jedi Knight, so the content of the film is really important as scene-setting for the later events.

Cant say I noticed the actors struggling, or bad direction- maybe I'm just too naive to notice !

Even liked Jar Jar Binks (small but important) part in this one- being maneuvered like that by Palpatine was class! But if he'd been in the explosion at the start it would have been even better!:D
  12. cabrone

cabrone TS Rookie Posts: 153

I saw it finally, i think it is good, a little too much dialogue but Senator Amidala(sp) is very hot... I would go again just to see her. but its an over all good, star wars movie. And the movie is set up to make the last one REALLY good.
  13. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I saw the film yesterday as well. I really enjoyed that.

Christopher Lee was brilliant. So was that Jango Fett guy.... he was cool.

The best bit was undoubtedly the Yoda and Dooku fight.

Or the massacre of the Tuskan Raiders - that bit was a bit much as well....

Some info here on the plot of the third film:
  14. TS | Thomas

Dunno, I thought the Yoda/Dooku fight was abit over-hyped for me, it was just far too short actual lightsaber fight. Yoda leaping around & all was pretty fun, though made rather by the fact he always goes around with a cane. Why on earth does he need a cane to help him walk. I prefered the fight in the script a bit more.
    Though the struggling with the pillar was also rather strange - as some pointed out yoda says something to the effect of size doesn't matter in Empire Strikes Back, "whoops".

I actually felt the "massacre" didn't go far enough though. I mean, when you think about it, he "only" is seen killing the guys guarding his mother & some other guy that charges at him - fine enough - I mean they tortured/beat his mother for weeks seemingly, I don't think the reaction we "see" is too unexpected. He should have been shown wiping out everyone though, I think I can understand him killing the first 3 there, but had we seen him actually killing the kids & all then we'd *really* know he's going too far. Yes I know he says he does them all like animals, but I just think seeing it would be far more effective.
  15. Goofy Newfie

Goofy Newfie TS Rookie Posts: 199

Attack of the Clones

I'm going to see it tonight....hope it's good.
  16. TS | Thomas

Re: Attack of the Clones

I actually saw it for the 2nd time a few days back. Enjoyed it a good bit more surprisingly. Probably enough to buy it on DVD after the fans do another petition because lucas won't initially want to release it on DVD ;)
  17. TS | Crazyace

I saw it again and I think it was better the first time.

To be honest, I really liked Episode 1 better.

I thought it had more story and better saber fight (maul).

It seemed like the first time I saw it there was more action, the second time seemed like more words.
    All in all, its still a great movie.
  18. TS | Thomas

Yeah one of my friends kinda feels the same, or at least he goes Episode one has the Darth Maul fight, heh. Dunno I couldn't find anything at all to like in that film. Jar Jar was honestly about the only enjoyable thing in it.
    The main problem I had with episode 2 was the whole "love" story. urrgh.
  19. Goofy Newfie

Goofy Newfie TS Rookie Posts: 199

Vomit in my mouth, this movie has left.

20. TS | Crazyace

I just watched EPISODE 2 AGAIN ! hahahah.. Had to try it out on SVCD...

I cannot wait until Episode 3. Damn, does it end so incomplete.

Love sequence wasnt to long, luckly. I cant believe JAR JAR screwed the entire Repulic by givein power to the damn Sith! That is crazy..
  21. Spyke

Ok. now you mention it, the saber fights weren't up to the usual standard, and there should have been more verbal duelling thrown in between Dooku and Yoda.

And we definately should have seen more of the Tuskan Raider massacre.

Maybe if it makes it to dvd...

I also saw it 2ce, and thought it just as good 2nd time. Anyone notice the red-robed imperial gaurds at the senate? Wasn't expecting to see them before Palpatine became Emperor...

I didnt notice them myself, but there's supposed to be an X-Wing and TiE Fighter in the speeder chase on Coruscant!:eek:
  22. Top_gun

Top_gun TS Rookie Posts: 59

I think you r like 50-100 years too early. We are still in tah Clone Wars, not the Galactic War from Ep. 4-6.
  23. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

24. TS | Thomas

Tie Fighters were in Episode 1.
  25. Spyke

Yeh, Top_gun, I was :eek: surprised too, but like I say,
    Haven't seen them for myself. Apparently George Lucas like to stick odd things in the backgrounds...:rolleyes: