I think I messed up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
I think I did something wrong but am not sure how to fix it. I accidently deleted my audio files and now do not have any sound at all. I did not realize what I had done and then I emptied my recycling bin. I am using Windows XP. Can anyone please tell what to do to correct my mistake? I am scared I will download a wrong driver or something. Thanks for the help.

What type of audio card do you have? If it is integrated with the motherboard, what type of computer do you have (Make and model)

I have a Dell Dimension 2400. I have no clue if it is integrated with the motherboard or not. I looked and the drivers are not there. I tried using the Hardware Update Wizard and it says it cannot locate them. Thanks for your help.

First test your speakers in another system... because those speakers burn out easily. Then
Go to Start->Control Panel->System ->Hardware-> Device Manager to see what is there and if anything is yellowed out or Red out. You may have to disable or delete what is there.
Go to www.dell.com, click on support, then enter your Service Tag number from the back of the machine. Then you can download a new device driver for audio from the list you scroll through.
There will also be detailed instructions on how to do it.
You will be up and running quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back