I think I might've ruined my memory stick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need some help!

Just recently I bought an MP3 player, an MPIO to be exact. I installed it following the directions, and so far everything has been going great, except for one thing.

When I insert my memory stick for my camera into the USB plug-in, nothing happens. Usually the Windows (I have XP) Scanner and Camera Wizard pops up, asking me what I want to do and it has the 'Copy pictures' option. Well ever since I installed my MP3 player, nothing has happened when I insert the memory stick. Even when I hook my camera up using a USB cable, nothing happens. With the memory stick, I insert it, the light flashes, stop, flashes for about one second again and then stops completely. When I put it in the camera, all my pictures show perfectly. I went to my Control Panel and it says all the plug-ins are working fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Any help is much appreciated! This is very urgent, because I am taking a photography course and without my camera/memory stick working...well you know the rest.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When you install a usb device it needs to use the same usb port that it was installed on.

Intall each usb device to a different usb port. Then always use that usb port for that particular device.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back