I think I need to replace my USB port...

By luckiluci
Mar 31, 2006
  1. Hi,

I am having troubles with my usb ports. Everytime I plug a camera or mp3 player to my always says an error that no device was found. Do I need to replace the port? If so how do I go about it.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

did you install the drivers for those devices? If not, it won't recognize the device.
  3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Have you tried all ports front and back ?

If the above doesn`t work you can try this -

Remove all USB devices (except USB keyboard and/or mouse) from the Device Manager in the following order:

USB Root Hub (s)

USB Host Controller (s)

Shutdown and reboot

More wacky ideas from Microsoft -;en-us;310575
  4. Radwen

Radwen TS Rookie

What OS are you using ?

edit : windows 95/nt/98/me/2000/xp/2003/2005 ?
  5. Sean

Sean TS Rookie Posts: 100

I hate microsofts troubleshooting, it makes everyone run through loops trying to fix there problem, further more, try to install the software bundled with your usb product before you connect, it will eliminate some driver problems, or when the little drive dialog box comes up, insert the cd, or dl the drives from manufacture's site, and select No, dont allow Microsoft to look for drivers, and then next select look in a specific place, and then guide it to where thoes drivers are that you dl, or point it to the cdrom drive where you put installation cd in.
  6. luckiluci

luckiluci TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried to plug the device in all of my ports (front and back). I am using Microfsoft XP.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.