I want that code !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressions ?

Judge: Microsoft must give states Windows code
Posted Saturday 16 February @ 23:28:16 Category: Microsoft [Comments?]

Thanks Atreyu. WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Microsoft will have to supply the computer code for its Windows program to a group of states seeking stiffer antitrust sanctions against the software giant, a federal judge ruled Friday.

Read more

This came from NTCompatible.com

First impression after reading that was:
How is it possible that M$ couldn't offer a simpler version of Window$, without IE, when one individual did it (98lite)?
It'll take a long time before end users see a change, I think.

Somehow methinks it will just be software companies that will wind up with the code, just so they can use it to ensure that their products work better with Windows.

It would be nice to think that the ordinary joe would get the code, and so be able to modify it and compile windows yourself. But methinks that will not happen, sadly.

Agree w/ Phantasm. Legally M$ cannot be forced to give up it's "intellectual property," despite a Federal Judge's ruling. But some deal will be made w/ software developers to settle this case.

"Got News?
You can contribute with 3DS' daily news feed here, you may even get posted on the frontpage."

Well looks like this didn't work did it. I suppose your getting better as the story was only a day late when you slapped it on your front page...... I thought you guys were IMPROVING ? Quess someone just needed a 'by line' for your mighty advertisers....:mad:

Originally posted by Gunner
"Got News?
You can contribute with 3DS' daily news feed here, you may even get posted on the frontpage."

Well looks like this didn't work did it. I suppose your getting better as the story was only a day late when you slapped it on your front page...... I thought you guys were IMPROVING ? Quess someone just needed a 'by line' for your mighty advertisers....:mad:
Hi,
I actually got that story in an email from CptSiskoX of http://xteq.com though as I'd credited him earlier on for something else I felt once was enough.
Myself I don't really check this forum section too often given... time restraints.

In the other hand I do, when I see something news worthy I get it posted and credited to whoever posted it on the forums.

Reuters: Sat. 16 Feb. 23:28:16

Originally posted by Gunner
Well looks like this didn't work did it.
What? You thought posting a Reuters byline w/o the url would get you on homepage?

2/16/02 @ 23:28:16 = 11:28PM
Besides you must consider the Time Zone difference.
Sunday, February 17 2002 News

We all read the news but there's nothing unique about this piece. ho-hum :zzz: like watch curling. :zzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back