I want to uninstall nis2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2 year old Emachine with 256 mb ram that has xp home on it. I want to uninstall nis2002 with hopes of not having to reformat and reinstall xp home. My copy of xp home is a compressed recovery disk and isn't usable for recovery so that complicates matters, for me anyway. I am not expert at editing the registry either.
I have not tried the add/remove programs yet as I vaguely remember having problems with norton anti virus and norton personal firewall causing me to have to reformat, reinstall at an earlier time...etc
Any help would be appreciated.....

For what it's worth, I've uninstalled nis2002 from 2 machines with no difficulties through add/remove programs.

uninstall nis2002

I haven't tried it as yet. I will backup all the files I can, then try it. I only dread trying to get all those updates for xp again, if I mess it up. I can copy my pictures to a cdr and maybe backup my MusicMatch to mp3 files and then try to get my docs on a cdr or cdrw....The rest is just a matter of a clean install.....
I think what really happened last time was me messing around in the registry!!. That was when I was trying to get rid of nav and npf.
I do appreciate the answer, thanks

Messing with the registry can be tricky. It's always a good policy to back it up before making even minor changes. Registry backups take just a moment to do, and a tiny amount of harddrive space.

I wouldn't think you'd have any problems uninstalling it if you haven't modified it's program folder any. Just don't uninstall LiveUpdate if you have any other Symantec products installed.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back