I will probably be absent for a bit!!

Rik

Sorry to anyone that I have been helping recently, but i may well be absent for a while as my dad is critically ill in hospital!!

He is barely alive and has a 50/50 chance of surviving.

I wont go into details, but suffice to say that I will probably be spending a fair ammount of time in hospital hoping that he will make it.

Aww

Sorry to here that man, I will pray that everything will work out for you and your family in this hard time.

Loosing or even the possibility of loosing somone close to you is never a easy thing to swallow. I hope all works out for the best.

Take your time and we will all be waiting here for you when you return....

Also tell him that everyone here at techspot sends him a big GET WELL SOON !!!!

Take care and God Bless

I'm really sorry to hear that and hope the best for your dad.

Take whatever time you need and be sure that no-one here will forget you. We will all miss you!

I'm sorry to hear that too :(
I really hope that your dad gets well soon.

I'm sure he'll make it :)

Regards.

I'm Praying for you Rik! Hope your dad get's better soon, I just lost my grandmother to a sickness last week! :( Jesus and I are with you in my prayers and also Tech Spot is here for you also!

Prayers to your father. I'm really sorry to hear that :( . Good Luck!

I`m so sorry to hear about your father mate, you must be worried sick. I really hope everything works out ok.

I wish you all the very best and hope your father makes a complete and speedy recovery.

Regards Howard :(

From experience:

In case it IS his time, be sure that you not only let him know how much you love him, but also how much you feel his love in your life (assuming that is true for you of course).

My thoughts go out to you in support. Let the chips fall where they may, and let love shine through regardless.

So sorry to hear that mate
I'd like to add my support and wishes
Hope he gets well soon, we're all thinking of you

I too would like to offer my support.Best of luck to you and your family. If you need anything, just holler.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means soooo much to me!!

I am deeply touched and reading all this had bought a tear to my eye!!

My thoughts go out to N1Hawk in particular. You have my condolences for your loss.

I have some incredible news, don't ask me how, but my dad has survived it all.
He has undergone almost 6 hours of surgery, had over 40 units of blood , and almost died 3 times.
The hospital staff are absolutely incredible and have almost performed a miracle. I have nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for those hardworking and dedicated people!!!

My dads chances were as low as %10 and because of what those amazing people have done for him his chances are now up to %90.

I spoke to him last night and he was well enough to complain about being thirsty!!:):)

He is still very ill but now stands an excellent chance of making a full recovery.

There are no words that are adequate enough to express how incredibly lucky i fell to have such an amazing ammount of support from everyone here on TechSpot and from my few close friends.
I really don't think i could have coped without them!!!!

So a massive THANKYOU to everyone!!!

Bravo rik! This is indeed heartening news. Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family that your dad's recovery continues as it should.

Be well.

A lot of us have been there. We know there is nothing more important. We will look forward to your getting good news, and being back with us sometime down the road. Thank God for the miracles of science, along with the hard work and dedication of surgery teams.

Thankyou to everyone that has posted here.

It has been very difficult for me to deal with and all your kind words have helped a great deal.

Altho he has improved immensely he is still very ill, his lungs are still in bad shape and it is going to take a long time for him to recover enough to come home.

I miss spending time on TechSpot!!!!

All my best wishes to you, your dad and family. May your dad have a good recovery and regain his health

Glad your dad is better Rik, I hope he makes a good recovery. I lost a friend to alcohol today, so I feel the pain :(

Good luck to your dad, rik :)

sw123

Hope he gets well soon. glad he survived so far. and ppl say miracles don't happen...

and condolences to N1Hawk and sw123 too.

Regards :)

N1Hawk said:
I'm Praying for you Rik! Hope your dad get's better soon, I just lost my grandmother to a sickness last week! :( Jesus and I are with you in my prayers and also Tech Spot is here for you also!

I'm sorry :( .

Back