IBM T60p Keeps showing Blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

morid_dll

I have bought IBM ThinkPad T60p equipped with 100G SATA HDD, Core Centrino 2.0Ghz T2500, 2GB RAM. Whenever I try to install a fresh copy of windows XP, it gives me after starting up the windows in the installation blue screen saying that the computer had to shutdown to prevent damage.... blah blah blah....

But listen to this, I have changed the harddisk speculating that it was the problem, but unfortunately nothing changed and its acting the same way.
Is it possible BTW that the ATI Video card is missed up so that it gives the blue screen?

Any solutions to this kind of problem??? Please help me with it.

if it is a new computer, return it or get warranty repair. there is not much you can do with laptops yourself.

Tedster said:
if it is a new computer, return it or get warranty repair. there is not much you can do with laptops yourself.

Its used and I can do alot with computers if I know the core problem, just wanted to know what are the possibilities of causing thing like that.

It could be a number of problems, but faulty RAM would be the main culprit. If its still under warranty return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back