IE 6 Missing Status Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am just being stupid, but this problem is really starting to frustrate me. Recently my status bar in Internet Explorer 6.0 has disappeared. (Excuse my not-so-techie jargon, the "status bar" that I am talking about is at the bottom of the screen and tells you how much more you have to download of a certain page and when it is done it displays "Done". It also has the little security lock icon on it.) One day it was there, then boom, it was gone. If anyone can help me get my bar back that would be great. Thanks

Originally posted by Beavermaster
Maybe I am just being stupid, but this problem is really starting to frustrate me. Recently my status bar in Internet Explorer 6.0 has disappeared. (Excuse my not-so-techie jargon, the "status bar" that I am talking about is at the bottom of the screen and tells you how much more you have to download of a certain page and when it is done it displays "Done". It also has the little security lock icon on it.) One day it was there, then boom, it was gone. If anyone can help me get my bar back that would be great. Thanks

Start IE 6, look at the tool bar at the top of the screen....where it says file edit view fav's etc.

Click on "View" then check the "Status Bar" (second one down), if it is not checked, thats why it is missing, check it and it will reapear ! Good luck.... ;)

Mictlantecuhtli is right! SNGX1275 had the exact same problem and if you look at the link posted you'll find your answer.

Please select "View" and make sure there is a check right next to the "Status Bar". If your IE6 doesn't remember the setting you just set. Try close your IE6 by click the "X" on the right top corner while holding down your "SHIFT" key.

Please let me know if you this helps.

I know this says Status Bar but I am going to ask my question here anyway.

Anyone have random IE 6 (Win XP) crashes ? I get them every so often for no apparent reason. Is this pretty much the norm with IE ??

the ie6 crashes are a widespread problem under xp, and are probably going to be addressed with service pack 1, or xp sr 1....

Originally posted by Phantasm66
the ie6 crashes are a widespread problem under xp, and are probably going to be addressed with service pack 1, or xp sr 1....

Thanks Phantasm, I also started using Netscape 6.2 again until it stopped working, but I am sure it was some software I installed.

Originally posted by boeingfixer
I know this says Status Bar but I am going to ask my question here anyway.

Anyone have random IE 6 (Win XP) crashes ? I get them every so often for no apparent reason. Is this pretty much the norm with IE ??
By crashes, do you mean the "an error has occured, IE^ must restart,ok?(why do they ask, if, they "must"?) box?

Yeah thats it, but it says something like an internal error has occured and IE must be closed. Usually it only takes out one page if I have several open.

At my work, we moved newly arriving machines over to XP almost the day that it came out....

IE6 under XP is basically just so buggy, and on some machines (like my home machine) its fine and only crashes sporadically.... On others (like my work machine, my friend Hannah's machine, etc...) it crashes several times a day, just with normal usage.

M$ rush these things out, knowing fine well in certain cases that they are not really fit for public consumption yet. They just assume that they can fix certain proplems later, and hopefully even market it as a completely new release of the OS, and call it something like Windows 98 SE or Windows XP SR1. If you are lucky they bring out a service pack that you can download that does the job. If you are not lucky, they want your hard earned cash all over again to get the problems fixed.

Try to keep up to date with windowsupdate.microsoft.com and basically just hope for the best. As I said, XP's IE is fine on some machines and total havok on others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back