IE Not sure why not to use it? i've never used anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bipolar_Gargoyl

Internet Explorer... Not sure why not to use it? i've never used anything else

I have read some posts about other programs besides IE. But i can't seem get the hange of using them.. I end up going back to IE, because it works well for me. Can anyone suggest some other program that is as easy to use?

P.S. sorry if this thread seems tedious, with all the other ones about other surfing programs.

Bipolar

Mozilla Firefox is usually very easy to configure and use. In fact, quite a few people who favor IE have been swithing over to Firefox. I will admit, though, I sometimes find myself having to use IE anyway. :(

Two basic reasons that I originally stopped using IE was because of the built-in pop-up blocker, and tabbed web browsing. It is nice to be able to have ten tabs open at once, while only having one icon on the desktop. :)

Have a look at all the threads with trojans or malware installed. With Firefox, programs such as Hijackthis become obsolete.

Mikael said:
Mozilla Firefox is usually very easy to configure and use. In fact, quite a few people who favor IE have been swithing over to Firefox.

Iam one who just recently switched.

It's not just a simple {tastes great or less filling}.
I like firefox because of open source to mod anyway "I WANT IT".
puke: MS IE doesn't like to share out source at all. Maybe if they/he did
we could fix the buggy IE for them. :haha:

Hello Bipolar.

I`ve been using Firefox for over a year now without any problems.

Also in all that time I haven`t had any malware or virii infections.

Also whilst running Firefox I don`t get any tracking cookies, when I run adaware. I used to get loads of them when I was using IE.

It really is a lot safer than IE. As others have said Firefox has some really great fetures like tabbed browsing and extensions, themes etc.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Regards Howard :) :)

If in Firefox you click on tools then options, you can set it up how you like. On the general button, you can set your homepage/fonts/colours/connection etc.

You can do this for all the buttons on the left hand side.

You can also click on the help tab next to the tools option for info on how to use Firefox.

Regards Howard :)

Bipolar_Gargoyl said:
Okay i have Firefox downloaded, can someone help me to get the settings "right"?
You just have to play around with some of the controls and find out what you like. Even after using Firefox for six months, you're still going to run into little tweaks and mods that you didn't realize were available. :blush:

Mozilla tips and tricks.
Tweak guides
Tweak Factor

Google is your friend! :grinthumb

And if you don't like it after a while, you could try out Opera which has most (if not all) the same features without needing to use expansions :)

It is very secure, and comes with a setup that's secure from the start. It's also very easy to configure to your needs.

Thanks everyone. i have one more ? i keep getting pop ups wanting me to install "programing" to view page correctly. with all the stuff IE wants you to install, not sure if i should with firefox.

Yes mate I forgot to tell you, that if Firefox requires a plugin, then it will prompt you to download and install it.

Which plugin is it asking you to install?

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks Howard, the first one is macro 7.0. which i thought was for the flashing "ads". that is the one i can get to pop up right now.

Bipolar

I use Mozilla exclusively. I know some who use firefox. Both are great. IE has too many holes in it. Its pop-up blocker is not very good for starters. Also IE is SLOW. Both Mozilla and firefox have tabbed browsing and a lot of other features that make it really nice.

www.mozilla.org Try it, you'll like it.

Firefox

Firefox is a good alternative to IE. I like it because of the themes, and tabbed browsing. I have found some minor bugs with it, but overall it's a good browser. But if you hate change, stick with IE lol, there's nothing wrong with sticking with IE. But once I tried Firefox, I was hooked and never went back to IE unless a page won't load using firefox.

IE7 is coming out, and a feature, tabbed browsing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back