TechSpot

IE pop-ups and MSN hang ups

By DrugCzarOfPortu
Mar 17, 2005
  1. Right. Two days ago, i startd getting Pop ups through internet exploere, even when I'm not directly using it. I ran Adaware and it is still happening. Should I do teh whole "HighJackThis" thing everyone talks about? Or is their a simpler way to make them stop.

In addition, I DO use MSN. Is that just as bad as IE, or can I get away with using that?

ADDED: Plus I've had those "underlined word" adds for a while.

2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

i think msn is basically ie; theyre both microsfot products. it sounds like you definitely have adware/spyware. use firefox browser from mozilla.org . it bloxcks spyware and all that crap.

ad-aware doesnt kill everything. you should use a couple different programs to clean your system. try spybot, microsoft anti spyware beta, and whatever else you find. always make sure you have l;atest updates.

empty your temporary internet files.

3. joshuarowley42

joshuarowley42 TS Rookie Posts: 36

I think possibly the solution for all internet explorer problems, especial updates and popups is Firefox,
    It is great, free and works well...
    www.firefox.com

4. TylerBello

TylerBello TS Rookie Posts: 24

I second the firefox comment...

Get it now...you will get no pop ups...no underlined words...just the www at its finest.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.