Ie will open for a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambcohen

I have ran all the spyware programs and antivirus programs that I can think of. What is happening when I double click on IE for 2 seconds I get the dos folder of IE. Here is my HJT log.

View attachment 20017

Thanks Adam

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that log. What exactly do you mean by dos folder of IE?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of adamnbcohen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Yes, please clarify what you mean by dos folder of IE.

Also, have you tried re-installing IE as IE may have been corrupted some how?

Ie

When I double click on the icon a dos screen pops-up for 2 seconds and then goes away. On the screen is the root dir for the dos file of IE. As far as reinstalling, I went to control panel and windows program and tried from there. If there is a better way please let me know. I am stumped......
Adam

Hmm....That's odd. I never heard of that before. What version of IE are you running?

If it's IE 6, then you may want to try downloading and installing it this way:

IE 6 SP1

If it's IE 7, then try this:

IE 7

Once you've installed the version you'd like to use, be sure to get all your Windows Updates done for that version of IE.

One more thing, does this occur for other browsers? Have you tried using Firefox/Opera?

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of adambcohen only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ie

No I have not tried other browsers that is my next step. I was trying to see if there was a fix for IE6. As fas IE7...it is not because there is nothing about it in add and remove programs.

Adam

ie opening

Thanking for all of your help with this problem. I went out and got firefox which allowed me to reload ie7. After reloading ie7 I reloaded ie6, now when I double click on ie icon I get the page to open. My next question is this....It shows me connecting but nothing comes up? Does anyone have any suggestions.
Adam

And nothing comes up for all pages you try to visit? Not even a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message?

Hmm....and you've done a full system scan for spyware/viruses? I'm running out of ideas here Adam. :confused:

How about your internet connection? It's all in working order?

ie

Yes I have done a full virus scan and the internet is working. I just do not understand. If I use hijackthis and post it do you think that would help?

adam

Hi Adam,

I apologize for not posting a reply in a few days. To be completely honest I don't use HJT. But you should go ahead and post it anyway as I know others who read this article may be able to tell you if the log is clean. I will do some research on this issue and see what I can come up with.

more issues

Thank you for replying. Actually there are more issues occurring now. Explain the computer will not read the nic card. When I first wrote the post it did. And there is still more above and beyond that.
I will keep you posted as to what I find.
Thank you again
Adam Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back