IE7 keeps closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog98146

I down loaded the new IE-7 and know when I open it, it loads goes to open my home page and then closes. Some times it will let me start working on some thing an then it will close, right when I'm doing something. Other times it will work for 2-3 days and then close.

Here is the run down of my system
Sis
GE Pro-M2
1.8mhz
512 ram
40gig HD
XP Home SP2
Dual Layor DVD RW
CD RW
MS Office 2003 Pro

Try this - Open up Internet Properties in your Control Panel. Goto the Programs tab and select Manage Add-ons. Select each add-on and disable it (not delete) and once you've done that try relaunching IE. If it opens fine slowly start re-enabling your add-ons a bit at a time to determine which could be causing the problem.

howdy folkz

i have an issue with ie7 too...my isp is aol and aol has topspeed thingy which incredibly increase my browing experience by reducing the visual contents, after i installed ie7, in fact when i installed ie7 beta, it effected the aol's topspeed hindering it completly unuseable, i figure it was beta version so its still at its crappy stages, but soon after the official verion of ie7 was realease some months ago, i installed the ie7 hoping it was fix so it wont effect aol's topspeed, but it still effects the topspeed at its offcial stage. so now i dont even use ie7, i use the older one which works fine, i also use firefox which is just as good if not better then ie7.

Tmagic650 I Abstain from sex so I don't need protection. lol Yes I use MacAfee Virus, Firewall, and AntiSpywear

LNCPapa said:
Try this - Open up Internet Properties in your Control Panel. Goto the Programs tab and select Manage Add-ons. Select each add-on and disable it (not delete) and once you've done that try relaunching IE. If it opens fine slowly start re-enabling your add-ons a bit at a time to determine which could be causing the problem.
Nop I disabled everything and it still happened I opened my NewNetMail web page and when I went to my back office everything was ok. clicked to check my down line and it closed up like if I held down the ALT key and pushed the F4 key. Reopened it and went to same page did the same thing every thing was fine went to this site. Open the treads clicked to send send you a quick quote and it closed. It is unprodictable as to when it will close. I'm in Qwest MSN right now. By the way Qwest is my ISP DSL 1.5 speed.

IE7 opens then closes fix

I don't know if this is a universal fix, but I found that with every other add on enabled....except for the ADOBE PDF CONVERSION TOOLBAR HELPER found in add ons that have been used by internet explorer. Someone let me know if this helps.

It sounds like a harsh Internet Explorer Hijacker you could do this go to start//all programs//Accessories//Internet Explorer (no-addons) in might temperally fix the problem and on that you could download firefox,safari or opera???

Hey Guys and if there be any gals posted back to me I gave up and got a new laptop and it works fine. I propelled the old dilapidated PC off the Space Needled, when it hit the ground it bounced back into my arms. So I dropped in into Snoqualmie Falls, when I crossed the River on the way back home it was blocking the road. I took it to the car wrecker and had them smash it with the big ball and now it's gone I think. That might be the noise I hear out side my door at nights sounds like an old hard-drive running.

I think you can call this story "THE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD PC."

I hope you all enjoy my humor.

I think this is a good way to end a thread.

I have seen his before and it was a skype add-on the did it. I uninstalled it and that fixed the problem. That may not be your problem but it may offer a clue. It could be some other add-on and not malware.

I down loaded the new IE-7 and know when I open it, it loads goes to open my home page and then closes. Some times it will let me start working on some thing an then it will close, right when I'm doing something. Other times it will work for 2-3 days and then close.

Move to Firefox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back