IIS is not working on Win2k pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

newkid

Hi there !

I have one little issue in win2k professional.. I was trying to install the IIS on my machine using win2k CD. I wasn't getting any single error during installtion. After Successful installation when i was trying to run the IIS.. it says.." Page can't be display".

In order to rectify the error, i went into Internet Service Manager to find the reason.. What i saw there was that Default Web site under Machine name showing that service(Default Website) is stopped..So is default ftp site. I was trying to start it but after few minutes it prompt me the following error...

The Service didn't respond to Start or Control request in timely fashion

There is no firewall installed on my machine. Can any helping soul put some light why i am getting the above mentioned error ? And how i can fix it ?

With thanks !
Newkid

Raz,
Above all, thanks for URL ! No, i not went into it. Though, i scan most of knowledge base of Microsoft but not that one which you suggested. I guess, i got the solution of my problem.

Thanks Raz !

NewKid.

Raz,
IIS start working now.

I did noticed one more thing when you upgrade your machine with service pack 4 of windows 2000 professional for security reason(which I am guessing.., because earlier its working absolutely fine before i un-installed.) pack eliminate the Clients for Microsoft Network from your local area connection properties.

Thanks Raz ! Nice to meet you..:eek:

Newkid !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back