Illegal Arms e-mail

Maurice

Not sure if this is the correct area for this post.
This morning I received the e-mail shown below, [cut & pasted to here].
I was flabbergasted, I'd heard of this, but never before received it as an e-mail, what I can't understand is how they got my address, I have not gone to any "iffy" sites, & am not, as far as I can tell, infected. I went to a website, via Google, concerned with "Global Genocide", & forwarded it to them,asking if they could look into it, or suggest who I should forward it to, as yet, I have had no response, but it' early days yet.
I am appalled, have any members received similar e-mails?
I almost just deleted it, but felt that I should make an effort.
Friends have asked if it might be a hoax, but what do you think, to me, it looks genuine.

To: <mcole1@whsmithnet.co.uk>
Subject: Welcome to www.carderplanet.org
Date: 09 November 2004 03:15

Hello our potential customer

We would like to introduce our new-born sites

www.carderplanet.org
www.mazafaka.cc
www.brandhost.ru
www.mazafaka.ru

where you can shop around most wanted and needed items in your life.
Our weapon section has wide range of hard-to-find machine guns, silencers, armour-piercing ammos and others.

First of all, let's check our 3 top-selling items:
1. Russian surface-to-air missle SA-14 "Gremlin" (upgraded analog of SS-16 "Strela") from our supplies in Kazakhstan. Due to high demand, it takes about 4 weeks to backorder that item.
Weight is 10,2 kg., lenght - 1427 mm. You can make a huge party and you can have tons of fun launching your "Gremlin" with your buddies.
2. Israeli bestselling submashine-gun "Tavor" 5.56" (upgraded analog of 7.65" "Uzi"), comes with 2 full clips of standart ammo + bonus one clip of armour-piercing ammo.
3. Russian booby trap made in 5 versions:
- a bottle of Jim Beam (200 grammes of C4 inside),
- a can of Budlight beer (150 grammes of C4 inside),
- a Barbie-doll (100 grammes of C4 inside),
- a cell phone (50 grammes of C4 inside),
- a lighter Zippo (25 grammes of C4 insid
You can take one with you to the school or college and have alot of fun with your buddies. Buy more than 10 pieces of booby traps, and we upgrade C4 to C4+ for free.
(C4+ can not be detected in airports or any other areas).

Also we have our Dutch-based shop where you can buy some drugs to make your life more wonderful and funny. We have wide selection of Ganzha, Crack, both synthetic and natural Heroin.
And our prices are affordables for everyone.

If you want to buy anything from us, just visit our site, contact administrator and get full price-list. We accept all major credit cards, wire transfers and money orders.
Please ask for details if you want to use Western Union or Moneygram money transfers.

P.S. Due to our government laws all items from our shop can be sold only to 18+ aged people. We can ask you for age verification before shipping.

You can also make an order by the phone:
973-442-3401 fax: 973-989-5535
973-590-5000 Fax: 973-590-5080

Hoax. Just delete it.

You live in the UK. Your mail is being scanned by the state anyway. ECHELON will have picked that mail for it containing HUGE amounts of trigger words and it'll have been looked at by now.

MYOB said:
Hoax. Just delete it.

You live in the UK. Your mail is being scanned by the state anyway. ECHELON will have picked that mail for it containing HUGE amounts of trigger words and it'll have been looked at by now.

MYOB, it seems that you are positive that it is a hoax, because it has been scanned by the State, you say this with some authority, obviously you know things that I'm not aware of, can you be more specific, who are ECHELON, & are the general British public aware that incoming communications are being filtered?, [guess you noticed that two of the sites addresses ended in "ru",....Russian?....Fake addresses then?]
Hope you don't mind me asking, I think that we in this country should know about these things, or am I in the minority, not knowing the facts.

Maurice

ECHELON is the joint US-UK-Australia and a few others intelligence system. One of the things it does is scanning all emails sent through UK ISP's for keywords. Its also been *proven* that they tested voice recognition software on all phonecalls made into +44 circuits from +353 (Ireland) numbers in the late 1980's onwards, again scanning for keywords, like Bomb, Semtex, etc.

ECHELON has been around in some form for most of your life and hence, all of mine. Its not known about hugely but it exists and its existed is confirmed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON is a pretty non-biased article about it.

I

Maurice said:
where you can shop around most wanted and needed items in your life.
Our weapon section has wide range of hard-to-find machine guns, silencers, armour-piercing ammos and others.

First of all, let's check our 3 top-selling items:
1. Russian surface-to-air missle SA-14 "Gremlin" (upgraded analog of SS-16 "Strela") from our supplies in Kazakhstan. Due to high demand, it takes about 4 weeks to backorder that item.
Weight is 10,2 kg., lenght - 1427 mm. You can make a huge party and you can have tons of fun launching your "Gremlin" with your buddies.
2. Israeli bestselling submashine-gun "Tavor" 5.56" (upgraded analog of 7.65" "Uzi"), comes with 2 full clips of standart ammo + bonus one clip of armour-piercing ammo.
3. Russian booby trap made in 5 versions:
- a bottle of Jim Beam (200 grammes of C4 inside),
- a can of Budlight beer (150 grammes of C4 inside),
- a Barbie-doll (100 grammes of C4 inside),
- a cell phone (50 grammes of C4 inside),
- a lighter Zippo (25 grammes of C4 insid
You can take one with you to the school or college and have alot of fun with your buddies. Buy more than 10 pieces of booby traps, and we upgrade C4 to C4+ for free.
(C4+ can not be detected in airports or any other areas).

Also we have our Dutch-based shop where you can buy some drugs to make your life more wonderful and funny. We have wide selection of Ganzha, Crack, both synthetic and natural Heroin.
And our prices are affordables for everyone.

If you want to buy anything from us, just visit our site, contact administrator and get full price-list. We accept all major credit cards, wire transfers and money orders.
Please ask for details if you want to use Western Union or Moneygram money transfers.

P.S. Due to our government laws all items from our shop can be sold only to 18+ aged people. We can ask you for age verification before shipping.

You can also make an order by the phone:
973-442-3401 fax: 973-989-5535
973-590-5000 Fax: 973-590-5080

Majority of probably keywords highlighted there. I've definately missed some, ECHELON is software based however and won't miss any.

MYOB, thanks for all the info, 'preciate it, so whether it's a spoof or not, the trigger words alert ECHELON,that makes sense, brilliant system!, I'm guessing that this was inaugerated because of 911, At the risk of being a pain in the butt, any further views on whether it was a spoof, what would have happened if anyone, [not me!! clicked on the web addresses, or rang the phone No's?, thanks for bearing with me!

Maurice

ECHELON is from the 1950's, mainly used against the IRA on the UK side during the 70's. Its very much pre 9/11

Anyway, you would have either been scammed out of your credit card details, or arrested, as it could be a police trapping attempt.

If you mean that it could be a set-up by the police to catch anyone trying to obtain arms etc., I had my suspicion it might be that, let's hope that it caught a few,....no, many b*****ds!!

Maurice

Back