TechSpot

I'm getting a message that replaced my wallpaper.

By bigdog8385
Feb 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm getting a message on my computer that replaced my entire wallpaper. The message says:
    "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer."
    Then it gives a link of the top spyware removers to download. I found out I had an outdated version of norton so instead of downloading any of the versions displayed through the ling on the message I just renewed norton and ran that for viruses. It detected one or two theats and removed them but the message remains. how do i get rid of the message? is my computer really infected? It wont let me change the wallpaper through the control panel. the computer seems to be running fine otherwise but i realize that that doesn't necessarily mean it's safe. I should also note that I have microsoft antispyware and run the scan regularly. Please help.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Post removed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.