TechSpot

I'm moving next week...

By Rick
Sep 13, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. I'm moving to the distant land of California next week which will be quite a change for me. Along with this, I will be living with my girlfriend, getting a new job, etc... So I thought I would let you guys and gals know I won't be around as often (probably).

Since I can fit my life in a lunchbox, I'm traveling by airplane and having my computer/guitar mailed to me. The rest of my entire life will be squeezed into two bags. ;)

Considering the nature of mailing large objects and such, it might be awhile before I have my computer up and running again to check in on 3DS.. I mean.. TS. :) I'll make sure to stop by regularly though, when I get situated.

Until then, I should be around though.. Well, until Saturday (Sept 20th) or so.

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

Good on ya!
    While you say that you are moving and might not be on as often, does this move not also mean that you will finally be in a DSL/Cable area and finally be able to get broadband. So do you have the job sorted out or do you mean by "getting a new job" that you will have to find one? If you have one fixed up already what is it? Enjoy this next exciting phase of your life :D

PS: Saturday is the 21st... I was meant to be going back to the UK on Friday the 20th... But looks like I will be in Milan for another 3-5 weeks... 2 months away from home :(

3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

God Speed...

4. Tweakster

Tweakster TS Rookie Posts: 224

Why dont u take the Guitar or computer and leave ya girlfriend!

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,627   +113

She has more resale value... ;)
    Silly suggestion Tweakster...

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

Good luck Rick - I wish the best for you.

LNCPapa

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

HEY!!!!!!! How'd a pasty guy like you manage to get a girl who would take you in without already having a great job (along with a wax job?) Explain that to me buddy!

LNCPapa

8. ss1

ss1 TS Rookie Posts: 106

Is that so....... ;).

ss1.

9. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I hope things turn out good for you. See you soon buddy.

10. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Best of luck to you Rick, have a great trip...

11. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,689   +334

Hope everything turns out good for you.

12. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Quit stealing my posts man....:)

13. Elcarion

Elcarion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 188

Good luck on the move. Have a safe trip! Be careful of taking oversized bags, many airlines charge $35 or more per oversized bag one-way. Here's an article about it: http://www.msnbc.com/news/803049.asp?0si=-

14. Phantasm66

A good idea for moving a computer long distance is to strip it down down to mobo, cards, drives, etc and then pack it away. on the other end you buy another case, psu, etc.... rebuild...

15. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

That was the original plan, but I got impatient and bought a new case. :) Probably shouldn't have done that....

16. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

Good luck and hope all goes well for you.

I was going to share some words of wisdom with you on this momentous occasion but I don't have any so as you set off into your new life I'll just say: ...And so, it begins....

17. Phantasm66

All of this time.... where have U been??

[​IMG]
    http://babylon5.warnerbros.com/

I have always been here.....;)

18. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,689   +334

Heh, I didn't even notice that. (seriously). I felt I should say something to Rick, but couldn't think of anything to say :)

19. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,933   +126 Staff Member

Best of luck Rick!

20. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 418

Rick, with that girlfriend around, you won't be here hardly ever, take from me, computers & women don't mix...:p ;)

Hope you come back soon....

21. Nick

Nick TS Rookie Posts: 216

good luck rick in california, by the way you can always send that computer over to me, it would make a nice home here ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.