I'm moving next week...

Rick

Staff
I'm moving to the distant land of California next week which will be quite a change for me. Along with this, I will be living with my girlfriend, getting a new job, etc... So I thought I would let you guys and gals know I won't be around as often (probably).

Since I can fit my life in a lunchbox, I'm traveling by airplane and having my computer/guitar mailed to me. The rest of my entire life will be squeezed into two bags. ;)

Considering the nature of mailing large objects and such, it might be awhile before I have my computer up and running again to check in on 3DS.. I mean.. TS. :) I'll make sure to stop by regularly though, when I get situated.

Until then, I should be around though.. Well, until Saturday (Sept 20th) or so.

Good on ya!
While you say that you are moving and might not be on as often, does this move not also mean that you will finally be in a DSL/Cable area and finally be able to get broadband. So do you have the job sorted out or do you mean by "getting a new job" that you will have to find one? If you have one fixed up already what is it? Enjoy this next exciting phase of your life :D

PS: Saturday is the 21st... I was meant to be going back to the UK on Friday the 20th... But looks like I will be in Milan for another 3-5 weeks... 2 months away from home :(

HEY!!!!!!! How'd a pasty guy like you manage to get a girl who would take you in without already having a great job (along with a wax job?) Explain that to me buddy!

LNCPapa

A good idea for moving a computer long distance is to strip it down down to mobo, cards, drives, etc and then pack it away. on the other end you buy another case, psu, etc.... rebuild...

Originally posted by Phantasm66
A good idea for moving a computer long distance is to strip it down down to mobo, cards, drives, etc and then pack it away. on the other end you buy another case, psu, etc.... rebuild...

That was the original plan, but I got impatient and bought a new case. :) Probably shouldn't have done that....

Good luck and hope all goes well for you.

I was going to share some words of wisdom with you on this momentous occasion but I don't have any so as you set off into your new life I'll just say: ...And so, it begins....

Originally posted by StormBringer
And so, it begins....

All of this time.... where have U been??

kosh.gif

http://babylon5.warnerbros.com/

I have always been here.....;)

Originally posted by poertner_1274
Quit stealing my posts man....:)
Heh, I didn't even notice that. (seriously). I felt I should say something to Rick, but couldn't think of anything to say :)

Rick, with that girlfriend around, you won't be here hardly ever, take from me, computers & women don't mix...:p ;)

Hope you come back soon....

good luck rick in california, by the way you can always send that computer over to me, it would make a nice home here ;)

Back