Imation CD-Rs no longer burn

By chamillitarysk8
Dec 25, 2007
  1. last year sometime I purchased a spindle of 100 Imation CD-R CDs and used many of them without a single problem now all of a sudden my pc just wont burn to the cds I tried 2 other brands and they burned fine but I have 17 CD-Rs left but I don't want another 17 coasters
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Your burner is probably on it's way out. I use Imation CD-R's all the time and my 2 year-old NEC Combo burner still likes them.

Put the Imation CD-R's aside and begin saving for a new burner sometime in 2008
  3. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 128

then why will it burn to 2 other bands with no errors repeatedly? I burnt 6 CDs with 2 different brands and all worked fine
  4. LySrgikiD

LySrgikiD TS Rookie

I have run into this problem with my drives in the past. I visited the maker's website and downloaded the newest firmware. after flashing the new firmware it corrected the book type read error i was getting.

If that doesn't work then burners are extremely cheap these days.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Firmware is your only shot. Get the newest version, if that doesn't fix it either burn different brands until it quits on them, or get a new burner.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.