In A Sticky Situation, And Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalin

Hey,

I didn't know if this is the right place to post this, but please move it if necessary.

Well, about a week ago I bought myself a new XFX 7800GS AGP card for my rig, and all was going well until, well, the day after I bought it, when I realised just how bottlenecked it will be on my setup. I currently have a non-overclocked Athlon XP 3000+, 1.5gb ram and an Asus A7N8X motherboard.

I realised the other day that I could have sold my cpu and mobo on Ebay for about 100 pounds, giving me enough for a new Athlon 64 3800 CPU, then sold my old graphics card and some other bits for 50 pounds, giving me enough for a new mobo, and then spent about 180-200 on a new gfx card, which was exactly the price I spent on my new AGP card!

What do you advice I do? I was thinking about selling my week old card on Ebay for the same price, and hoping I get a buyer. Then carrying out the PCI-E upgrade. Or should I just overclock my CPU with a new heatsink and fan? Or maybe sell on my new card and wait a few months for the prices to go down for my desired components, but then having to sell my current components for less.

Any ideas?

alright ur in the right place.

if u really want ur system to be the best it can and u have the money get the good stuff.
now u kinda confused me with the stuff u wanted to sell. i would advise gettin the PCIe card and whatever u need to do to get it would be fine.
it sounds to me like u have a great computer already any reason y u wanna upgrade?

Yup that setup is pretty decent to be honest, so save all your money for a while
and get ready to upgrade everything down the road cause the next generation is just around the corner (ouch that was cheesy). Dunno why you think the card will be so bottlenecked but make sure you have a powerful enough psu for it, that's all you need to be worried about. Have fun gaming :grinthumb

I agree with the previous posters. that system is not going ot bottleneck a Nvidia 7800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back