In China more users now access the internet with a mobile device than a PC

By Justin Kahn
Jul 21, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. China has been going through a major internet usage boom over the last little while, due largely to mobile device use. New numbers published by a state supported research group say that for the first time mobile internet usage has...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

That just means they never needed a PC stronger than the ones we had 10 years ago. It also means they are not spending their time, playing graphical games of today.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,106   +1,376

Those bamboo antennas have mighty reception...
  4. Holotus

Holotus TS Enthusiast Posts: 68   +9

Just imagine if someday a company could harness the power of a hundred million phones to make super computer equivalent calculations. Similar to how torrenting requires a community of people to function, imagine if someday our phones could contribute a small portion of computing power to solve massive problems.... imagine if you were paid a small amount of Bitcoins to contribute.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Yeah just imagine your phones battery only lasting 2 hours instead of going strong all day. Because someone wanted to use a network of phones, instead of a proper server. Yeah, I don't see that happening, not if I have anything to do with it.
  6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

when absolute values are taken for the internet usage:
    527,088,000 mobile device users vs the 'lower share' 511,288,000 pc users.
    (da** numbers, they make my head spin.)
  7. For possible 4 homepages sure enough mobile power access.