[Inactive] Infected with backdoor.tideserv!inf

By jrsatin7
Mar 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am infected with backdoor.teideserv!inf. My Symantac virus software cannot clean or quarantine it. The specific file name infected is
    C:Windows/system32/drivers/iaStor.sys. Also, everytime I use google search engine it redirects me to a bogus site and sometimes back to Google itself. I had the machine to a tech guy and he could not figure how to get rid of this.

Worst of all everytime I attempt to go into safe mode I get a blue screen message. My computer is about 5 years old, is a Dell with xp professional. I am probably considered a newbie but am willing to do what it takes to rid this bug from my computer. Anyone can help I would appreciate it.
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

The isStor problem is specific to Dell. I found a fix put out by Dell that I posted yesterday. Let me find that post and I'll refer you to it. This is not a malware problem- it a conflict on Dell RAID motherboards.

As for the redirects, that is totally separate. Can you get into the system at all? If you can, I'd like you to follow these steps in out preliminary virus and malware removal HERE.
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

Here is the Dell/isStor information with a referenced site:

Dell Dimension E510, iastor.sys, Windows XP blue screen error, stop code 0×000000D1
    How to resolve a Stop 0×000000D1 Error Message in IASTOR.SYS in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System?
    Here is the Dell provided Fix

The referenced site can be found HERE

The Edits are all mine. The contents are from the site.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.