India's $35 tablet delayed after losing primary vendor

By Matthew
Jan 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. India's $35 academic tablet has been delayed following complications with the device's vendor. HCL Infosystems won a manufacturing contract last year, but it failed to get an Rs 60 crore ($13 million) bank guarantee, which protects the government in case the vendor doesn't deliver the project.

Read the whole story
  2. matrix86

matrix86 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 801   +8

A $35 tablet named Sakshat...it was doomed from the start, lol
  3. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 861   +75

It looks like the iPads illegitimate child.
  4. veedubguy

veedubguy Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

For $35.00 it can't be any good...
  5. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

For $35 I'd buy it just to see what it was like. Think about it guys, even if it's slow as hell, it's still cheaper than a lot of E-readers.
  6. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 127

I think $35 for a tablet device makes it above all criticism. THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!
  7. just buy your people food than giving them laptops. $35 laptops wont give them satisfaction. It will add only to their lists of liabilities like cars, loans and wife.
  8. India has lots of bureaucratic *****s who think that they can solve all problems.. Corporates are ill.. and markets dont work.. They need to be publicly reprimanded.. I am sure if India improves the infrastructure, allows manufacturing to happen, clean up some corruption, we can see a $30 tablet also but nothing.. if that does not happen.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.