TechSpot

India's $35 tablet delayed after losing primary vendor

By Matthew
Jan 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. India's $35 academic tablet has been delayed following complications with the device's vendor. HCL Infosystems won a manufacturing contract last year, but it failed to get an Rs 60 crore ($13 million) bank guarantee, which protects the government in case the vendor doesn't deliver the project.

Read the whole story

2. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 795   +17

A $35 tablet named Sakshat...it was doomed from the start, lol

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,574   +568

It looks like the iPads illegitimate child.

4. veedubguy

veedubguy TS Rookie Posts: 25

For $35.00 it can't be any good...

5. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

For $35 I'd buy it just to see what it was like. Think about it guys, even if it's slow as hell, it's still cheaper than a lot of E-readers.

6. ihaveaname

ihaveaname TS Enthusiast Posts: 107

I think $35 for a tablet device makes it above all criticism. THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!

7. just buy your people food than giving them laptops. $35 laptops wont give them satisfaction. It will add only to their lists of liabilities like cars, loans and wife.

8. India has lots of bureaucratic *****s who think that they can solve all problems.. Corporates are ill.. and markets dont work.. They need to be publicly reprimanded.. I am sure if India improves the infrastructure, allows manufacturing to happen, clean up some corruption, we can see a $30 tablet also but nothing.. if that does not happen.