Inexpensive dual video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulisani

i am looking for an inexpensive dual video card, not for gaming purposes just dual function

any suggestions!!!!!

i think i will regret asking this but ...
Is it possible to use onboard video card simultaneously with another video card.

thanks in advance

Do you want to use two monitor at the same time?

If so, please tell us your graphics card model and manufacturer please.

Cheers! :wave:

yes i want to use two monitors at the same time

Type of connection to PC PCI

brand name does not matter

i do apologies maybe i was not clear or don't understand your question.

i am planning on buying a dual graphics card.

my second question was about using on board video and another card.
i currently have a matrox 64mb video card

bulisani said:
my second question was about using on board video and another card.
i currently have a matrox 64mb video card

That depends on your motherboard. Some mobos completely disable the integrated video when you plug a new video card. If your video card has 2 video output connectors on the back, you're ready to go. It should have two blue connectors or 1 blue connector (VGA) and 1 white connector (DVI). Check that please.

Cheers!

Go dual 6600's. My friend has that in his comp and is considerably faster than one 256mb 6800.

Sean said:
Go dual 6600's. My friend has that in his comp and is considerably faster than one 256mb 6800.

I think he just wants to display two images in two monitors. He doesn't care too much about gaming :)

No shizz, that is the lowest card you can get, i was just describing how powerful them both would be in SLI, or you could get 6200's i think are PCi-X. But if you want dual video capibility, just get a cheap dual vid out card. Look Albatron 6600LE PCI-X. VGA, and DVI out. 68 bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170091
14-170-091-10.jpg

Sean said:
No shizz, that is the lowest card you can get, i was just describing how powerful them both would be in SLI, or you could get 6200's i think are PCi-X. But if you want dual video capibility, just get a cheap dual vid out card. Look Albatron 6600LE PCI-X. VGA, and DVI out. 68 bucks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170091
14-170-091-10.jpg

I think you mean PCI-e. Please if you are unsure about something and want to start a flame war. Please Don't

He said he wanted a PCI card wich is very doable.

LOL yeah. PCI-X and PCI-E are different. The first is used in servers only whereas the other is used in laptops and desktop PCs. Also PCI-X is compatible with older PCI devices while PCI-E is a completely new standard without support for the older PCI devices. Plus PCI-E is bidirectional while PCI-X, like PCI, is unidirectional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back