Info on the "Google Redirect/Hijack virus"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbfalcs

While i try my best to patiently wait for a reply to my thread/logs I thought I would ask, what should I do in the meantime??!

I have already changed all of my passwords using another computer, especially for things like banking and information.

Should I be concerned & not use the web for anything while I wait?

I went with temporary passwords for things like email that I can not avoid using for work while I wait....

Any info is helpful, it seems everyone has an opinion about this virus but I would really like some solid info and the people on this board seem to know their sh*t

Thanks in advance

Please go here and do the 8-step Virus & Malware removal Instructions:

8-Step Instructions

Take your time and post the 3 logs required. We can provide help when you give us this information

I am genuinely interested in learning more about this "virus" or malware.

No I have not run an ESET scan? I did exactly what the thread to get started suggested to do and have been waiting for more direction.

Frankly if I knew it was going to take 4 days just to get started I would have just reformatted and started clean, this down time has been a serious inconvenience, but I am always looking to learn more about how to maintain a healthy system.

I have already learned a lot which is nice, but the problem on my computer persists and in the mean time I have been trying to not use it at all out of fear that it might worsen.

Your logs show that you basically know how to keep your system clean...

I don't like the looks of these Hijackthis entries. Fix or remove them:

"O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -"http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1220549709781"
"O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} - "

These may also indicate that you need to either run the ESET or the Kaspersky Online Scanners. Combofix may also be in your future... It would be a good idea to run Windows Update after you solve the Google redirect problem and update to IE8 and additionally add any other updates you find

Fixed suggested entries

New log attached

What about:

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q306&bd=pavilion&pf=laptopp

Is this one okay? It only caught my attention because it says "redirect

By the way. "kritius" is attending to my other thread now. I am about to run Combofix at his reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back