[Info] Yahoo confirms hack

Bobbye

YAHOO CONFIRMS HACK

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-07-12/yahoo-password-hacking/56162694/1

Approximately 470,000 Yahoo email addresses and passwords were stolen. This was then posted on a hacker's website and stored in plain text.

Check your email for phishing attempts.

I had an email supposedly from amazon.com, supposedly acknowledging an order I had cancelled. The order number was given as a hyperlink. Clicking on that will redirect you to some site that is either fraudulent or has warning of poor reputation.

Since I don't use Yahoo on amazon and since I hadn't cancelled an order and most of all because both Firefox and WOT advise me of these sites and won't open them unless I override the warning, I did click on the link (NOT ADVISED) to see if I could get either an IP or ISP info.
Instead, I got the multiple warnings.

BE ADVISED: These phishing messages look very authentic in the display and wording, so expect that and delete them without opening.
=================================
Note: I am editing my post because I am no longer able to reply in this forum- even to myself:

So far, I have not seen anything about learning if you were a victim of the hack. If I see anymore info on this, I'll edit again.

Thanks for this post Bobbye. Anyway we can find out if our Yahoo account was one of those compromised?

Back