Init Display First Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

First time poster, sort of a novice at all this I suppose. I am having a bit of a problem with my pc. I am having an issue seeing the summary screen before the post into Windows. I thought I had this issue resolved, but it seems as though something has changed and I cannot get it back again.

Anywho, when I switched to a new video card, I went from AGP to PCI. Best buy was out of stock w/ AGP's at the time. So I figure, no problem. I install the PCI card and all of a sudden, my display won't come out of sleep mode until the pc logs into windows. Well, I didn't like that at all. I couldn't see the summary screen and I couldn't log into the BIOS. So I reinstalled the AGP card and found a setting in the BIOS called Init Display First. Switched that to PCI and all was well.

However, now I have upgraded my RAM and the dang thing has gone back to not waking the monitor until the windows login. I reinstalled the old card, thank goodness I still had it, and the setting in the BIOS is still set to PCI. WTF??

I have also noticed (when AGP is installed) that my wireless keyboard is not initiated until windows is up either. So I have had to drag out the old corded model. What could have gotten reset from me upgrading RAM? Note: when installing RAM, IDE cables got removed and possible switched, but then switched back to working order. I wouldn't think that would make much difference.

I am stumped.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back