Install Windows without CD or Floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I have 1 hard drive and 3 partitions.

Partition1-DELLUTILITY(*)
Partition2-my main hard drive(c:)
Partiton3:hard drive i use for media(e:)

I am currently running Windows XP on C:. I want to also run Windows 2000 on my computer, while still having XP as an option, or a dual boot. My CD drive and Floppy drive both do not function, so I downloaded a Win2k ISO image and want to install it from my hard drive. I've already downloaded

CD and floppy drives are cheap. Save your pennies and buy a new CD/DVD combo burner. It will save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run

lol

It's impossible to have a PC without a working cdrom and floppy drive.
Good luck .I wonder what your next problem post will be.Maybe,
"Help it keeps asking for the cd ":zzz:

zipperman said:
It's impossible to have a PC without a working cdrom and floppy drive.
Good luck .I wonder what your next problem post will be.Maybe,
"Help it keeps asking for the cd ":zzz:

**** you. Just because I'm not as advanced as you doesn't mean you have to flame me. You little jerkoff.

I have an .ISO file of Windows XP corporate edition with SP2. I can maybe e-mail it to you if the server can handle over 2 Gb of one file................

MMDominator88 said:
I have an .ISO file of Windows XP corporate edition with SP2. I can maybe e-mail it to you if the server can handle over 2 Gb of one file................

How would you open the ISO file to install it, without first burning the ISO image to a bootable CD?

You would use daemon tools and use it as a virtual CD image !

BUT, I don't have an .ISO of the Windows 2000..........

Use Daemon Tools without an Operating System installed? How? You burn an ISO image of Windows 2000 Pro to a hard drive then burn this ISO image to a bootable CD and normally boot the computer off this CD right? How can you start the install from a clean hard drive without a CD Drive? Network boot?

bomber 227 said he has windows XP already installed, correct ? and he had downloaded a windows 2k iso image file right ?

So bomber227 just has to click on the win 2k ISO file to install it? I have never done this. I have run across a few laptops that I could have used this trick on, but of course, the customers wanted a working CD or CD/DVD R/W installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back