Installed New HHD, now no sound!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to have a new HHD installed previous one was bad. I had a computer support tech from my job install the new HHD, along with a HHD cooling fan, I gave him all the CD disc that came with my computer, Dell Dimension 4500, atleast I pray I did! I know one disc accidentally got stepped on but it was just for reinstalling my internet providers and virus application, neither of which I needed due to having new ones.

So he installs HHD, returns it to me, everything seems fine but no sound! I checked in device manager and it has a yellow yield sign with upside down exclamation point, I clicked on it and it says, " No MultiMedia Audio Controllers"
if I remember correctly I have SoundBlaster for my sound card, can someone tell me, were we missing the drivers to install my soundcard again from a disc or are the controllers something completely different.

NO SoundBlaster card found

I tried this but it said it didnt detect a SoundBlaster card in my computer so I guess thats not my soundcard but I know I had Creative something, could have swore it was the SoundBlaster, I guess I should open my PC up and make sure. But the reason I have no sound is due to no drivers for the sound card, is this correct? Is that what it means when its says no MultiMedia Audio controllers installed?

Thanks!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

"But the reason I have no sound is due to no drivers for the sound card, is this correct? Is that what it means when its says no MultiMedia Audio controllers installed? "

that is exactally what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back