Installing redhat and mandrake 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_need_answers

hi i need to know which version of redhat is newest and best.
Right now i have 2 hard drives in my compaq presario s5100nx.
one is 80gb with 2 partitions one for recovery one for random data i wanna
store. I also bought and installed a 160gb western digital hard drive(d). i want to have 5 patitions in it. and install redhat on one and mandrake on another while not bothering with my xp home on hard disc c and d ( the 70gb).
could i take the 70gb out just to be sure i dont screw it up and what would be the best way to install mandrake and redhat. (the other partitions are for later os's i plan to add in.
also. does mac x work with windows in multiboot.
thanks for all your help.
and i already downloaded cds from an ftp site for mandrake and im working on redhat.
can u link me to some guide
Thanks.

thanks

also,
if im installing to new partitions on my 160 gb can i take my xp home (80gb) out.
so i don't accidentilly overwrite on it and which should i install first mandrake or redhat. and can you link me to a guide to multibooting and installing new os's
i already have the cds. sorry for all the questions but should i format my 160 gb
before installing mandrake and redhat or does it do it for you.
thanks for your help.

hey

hey thanks ,
but i think i don't have a master boot record on the hard drive or something
anyone know how to put one there.
ps. in bios it won't even recognize the hard drive is there.
thanks.

ps. in bios it won't even recognize the hard drive is there.
there's your problem right there.

redhat 9 gives you the option for using lilo or grub as a boot loader and where to install either one. install grub to the mbr (it seems to be better and newer than lilo). i haven't tried the latest fedora yet (on my to do list), however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back