Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

I cannot seem to get Windows to recognise the floppy that holds the drivers for my SATA drives. I hit the f6 option during the Win XP install, it prompts me to insert the floppy, yada, yada. I do so, the floppy appears to be accessed, but then it goes right back to the screen prompting me to insert the floppy that contains the drivers. This is a completely new system, new Abit KV8 Pro board, 2 new WD 80 gig drives, new everything. I got the RAID array set up in the bios no problem, I just cannot get the Win install to recognise the floppy that has the drivers on it. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and knowing me, it is something extremely simple and stupid.

I had the same problem. This is what I did to fix the problem. I left the floppy in the A drive by mistake. When I booted, instead of hitting f6, I hit f5. Then the process continues, it will stop and ask what type of computer you have. I chose the i486 option. Then the boot process continued, and it read the A drive and installed the drivers for the SATA controller, and then everything installed just fine. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back